Q: My battery does not charge. It keeps on drawing power when I switch on the head lights, spot lights, and noise from the dashboard

My battery does not charge. It keeps on drawing power when I switch on the head lights, spot lights, and noise from the dashboard

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. If your battery ...

Hi, thanks for writing in. If your battery is not charging properly and you are having other electronic issues with your vehicle, it is likely that your alternator may have failed. When your alternator fails that can cause lots of electronic malfunctions in your vehicle including noises warning lights and lack of radio and climate control function. Good alternators charge the vehicle just above 14 volts. I would recommend having your alternator inspected and tested by a qualified professional to determine if it is within specification. If the alternator is not within specification, I would recommend having the alternator replaced in order to resolve the issue that you are having. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.