Q: Q: Coolant light is on

My coolant light is on. The diagnostic book describes this as a coolant fan malfunction.

The coolant temperature sensor may have a malfunction or your engine computer needs to be reprogrammed. The problem may occur when going through temperature extremes. The computer can sometimes read a rapid change of temperature which will turn on the coolant light. I recommend having the system checked for any leaks or low fluid levels first, then have the computer scanned for a code 2237. This code can be used to indicate a need to replace the coolant sensor and a computer reprogram if necessary by a qualified technician.

3. Q: Coolant light is on