Q: My ac is making noise and not blowing out air...how much to replace compressor and flush system?

Bessie runs great but ac not working . Put refrigerant 134 to 35 psi..she blew cold for about 5 min then she started making noise and air turned warm. Both fans working.

In order to fully diagnose your ac system, both the high and low side pressures will need to be looked at. It sounds like you have a leak in the system. If you used refrigerant with leak detector, you can use a black light to locate the leak. It will glow green when a blacklight is used. Before following through with a repair, I recommend having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the AC system first. They can also replace the compressor and flush the system if necessary.

• My ac is making noise and not blowing out air...how much to replace compressor and flush system?