Q: I have 2015 dodge dart and it's makes a high pitch screeching sound on idle not consistently is it normal? Dealership said it is.

I have a 2015 Dodge Dart SE with less than 22000 miles, it's making a high pitch screeching sound when in idle. It only does it every now and then. I took it to carmax and then they sent it to a dealer. Their technicians said it was normal. The sound that it makes is the same one I found on YouTube https://youtu.be/TxFR3ri3gFs Is it really normal for it to made that sound?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The noise you are hearing is not normal for most properly functioning engines, and although the damage may not be obvious right this moment, the component at fault may be on it’s way out. With that being said, the drive belt and it’s system of pulleys is most likely to blame. You will want to inspect the belt itself, the pulleys, and the crankshaft seal and pulley which provides it’s power. Since the dealership was not able to provide any information, you may have to wait until the component at fault stands out more, or pay to get a second inspection. For more help with that testing process, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. I have 2015 dodge dart and it's makes a high pitch screeching sound on idle not consistently is it normal? Dealership said it is.