Q: My 99 Ford Expedition cut off while driving

I have replaced the alternator camshaft sensor the fuel pump the coil packs and the spark plugs on my 99 Ford Expedition it ran fine for 24 hrs the shut off while I was driving home from work and now won't cut back on I need help

Hi Justin. Thanks for writing in this morning. In most cases, when a car stalls while it’s driving, it’s caused by either the ignition components you’ve listed above, or other fuel system problems, ranging from damaged mass air flow sensors, idle control valve, throttle body or fuel injectors that are dirty or even an EGR valve problem. Since there are so many possible sources of this problem, it might be better money spent to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car starts then dies inspection. This will permit them to correctly diagnose the root issue, so the right repairs will be made.

3. My 99 Ford Expedition cut off while driving