Q: My 98 infinity will start but wont stay running after i take my foot off that gas

My car will start but it won't stay running after i take my foot off the gas pedal it is a 98 infiniti

Hi Kenneth. Thanks for submitting your question today. In most cases, when an engine will stall after releasing the throttle it is caused by a restriction of fuel, the fuel system’s inability to properly mix air to fuel or an exhaust leak/vacuum leak of some sort. Some specific components that tend to fail include a mass air flow sensor, idle control valve or even a fuel pump that is starting to fail. A clogged fuel filter can also cause these symptoms. It’s a good idea to have one of our professional mobile mechanics come to your location and complete an on-site inspection, so they can pinpoint the source of this issue and recommend or complete the right repairs.

3. My 98 infinity will start but wont stay running after i take my foot off that gas