Q: Brakes and gas pedal 1979 GMC C1500

Was driving home last night when the gas pedal went limp and wouldn't work , brakes also went stiff around the same time. Don't know if something could have been loose on the carb and finally got loose enough when I was driving it last night ? Brakes could obviously be a vacuum leak or the booster going bad. But can't figure it out . Gas pedal is limp and non existent unless all the way to the floor, in which case it accelerate seems like it's floored

Hello - I would first check the throttle return spring at the carburetor - to make sure it’s still there, and connected properly so that the throttle default position is "closed". Then check to see if the linkage back to the gas pedal is still connected. As for the brake booster, check the vacuum hose from the intake to the brake booster - perhaps these failure are interrelated, or perhaps not. For assistance with these issues, I would recommend an engine inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Brakes and gas pedal 1979 GMC C1500