Q: My 2004 vw beetle with auto transmission sort of bangs into gear on the shift from first gear to second gear. only when cold.

asked by on November 20, 2017

My 2004 vw beetle with automatic transmission bangs into gear from the shift to first gear to second gear. Only does that when cold once it fully warms up the transmission shifts normally. I have no check engine light.

Transmission Fluid Service $125.08 - $496.65 Get a Quote

Hi there. Thanks for sending in your question today. If your transmission shifts hard into gear when it’s cold, the issue is likely some debris stuck in the hydraulic lines of the transmission. Having the transmission fluid flushed and filter changed should resolve this issue for you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr