Q: I think the immobilizer has gone on.

asked by on March 06, 2017

I have an european Mercedes E300 from 1999, it has done 550000km and I think the immobilizer has turned on when i try to start the car. I have the original key. There is a red light on a button that lights up all the time. The car sounds like it just spins. Is it possible to turn the car on when this problem occur? It also seems like the fuel pump isnt doing its job, but is it because of the immobilzer? Hope you could help me.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The engine will not start when the immobilizer system is active. Check the key to the vehicle and see if there is a remote to it. If there is a remote, then I suggest replacing the battery in the remote and reprogramming the remote to the car. If a battery in a key fob remote looses power, then the key will not start the engine and turns on the immobilizer system. If you need further assistance with your car not starting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.