Q: I Have a 2001 Infiniti QX4 and every time as soon as I start the car my AC blower’s start blowing air even when my AC screen is of

I Have a 2001 Infiniti QX4 and every time as soon as I start the car my AC blower’s start blowing air even when my AC screen is off and it only blows at the feet and stays on the whole time my car is on even if it’s on accessories it stays blowing and if I unplug the relay and stops. What’s making this happen? My car has 143245 miles. My car has an automatic transmission. Also since this problem has occurred, my car will start and then within a few minutes the whole dash starts to go haywire all the lights start to flicker and I lose power and the car shuts off but lights stay flickering. Would that be because of the ac resistor or something else?

It is hard to say if the A/C blower stuck on and the dash malfunction/engine shutdown are related but they are both a consequence of electrical problems. The stuck-on blower is easy to diagnose as all you need do is trace the blower circuit (using the factory service manual wiring diagram) until you find the point where the circuit is "made" (powered) even though it is commanded off. You might start with the blower on/off switch as perhaps the switch contacts are fused or permanently closed no what what the switch position is. The flickering lights, and sudden shut down (which is electrical or sensor related) are diagnosed in a similar fashion. If you want the required diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an electrical component/circuit diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will resolve this for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.