Q: My 2004 Tahoe warning light says REDUCED POWER. IT'S really cold out, had to be boosted when the warning appeared.

I went to start my 2004 Tahoe in 11 degree weather, had to be boosted off. When I was able to start the Tahoe warning light says REDUCED POWER lit up. Transmission was great when I last drove it 2 days ago.... I'm hoping it's a cold start , battery.. you know something simple. Haha! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and I thank you for the help.

There will be stored trouble codes that need to be read and cleared. With any luck, that will be all there is to it. When you try to start a car with a dead battery, it really confuses the electronics because the system voltage drops so much. The result will often be a lot of false trouble codes and warning lights. If the codes come back after being cleared, that’s another story. Contact YourMechanic to have a technician come out to your home or office to read and interpret you trouble codes for you. At the same time you should get your battery replaced. Boosting your car can do damage to the car electrical systems.

3. My 2004 Tahoe warning light says REDUCED POWER. IT'S really cold out, had to be boosted when the warning appeared.