Q: My 2001 ford F350 triton V10's engine began cranking in the middle of the night.

asked by on February 19, 2017

my 2001 ford F350 triton V10's engine began cranking in the middle of the night. When I put the keys in the ignition and turned t to accessory, the engine started. But, the truck kept making the same noise a vehicle makes if you turn on the ignition while the engine is running, without my doing anything. What is wrong?

The issue is with your ignition switch. The switch is turning on the starting circuit to the starter and not disengaging the circuit unless you turn off the key. I recommend replacing the ignition switch. If you need further assistance with your vehicle starting in the ’ACC’ position, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.