Q: clutch stuck halfway.

Hi yourmechanic. When I was driving way back home I notice my clutch engage quicker than usual so I pulled over and park in the driveway to check the clutch pedal and I noticed that it got stuck halfway down so I pull it back with my hand but when I step into it goes back halfway again.. and now also, I can't shift into any gear.. I purchased the vehicle pre owned few months ago, and I don't know when was the last time the previous owner give the clutch a maintenance service .. pls help. Thank you..

A: Hello, the clutch system has a hydraulic an...

Hello, the clutch system has a hydraulic and mechanical operation. You could have two issues. The hydraulics assist in releasing and applying the clutch. There is a pressure plate that reacts to the clutch pedal, if the pressure plate has failed it will create the issue you have this would involve removing the transmission to replace. The hydraulics can become stressed, causing a leak of the fluid and the system to fail. If you’d like, a certified Your Mechanic Technician can come to your location to inspect the clutch system. Please look at this web site for more information and service options. clutch