Q: My 1995 4cyl truck temp gauge fluctuates when first started from cold start not later in day

After I first start my truck in the morning my temperature gauge fluctuates up to about half way then down to about a 1/3..... It happens after 1st start up and driving about a mile or two on the freeway (peddle to the mettle up to 65 mph - live in the country ).. on one occasion it went up and down several times on a 30 mile fwy trip. It doesn’t seem to be over heating. It doesn’t do this later on in the day after stopping and parking for awhile.....when out and about..... to the Post Office...... Home Depot, the market..........

3. My 1995 4cyl truck temp gauge fluctuates when first started from cold start not later in day