Q: Do I have to change the engine mounts and bellhousing when switching to the 3.9l?

I want to switch my 3.5 l g6 to the 3.9 and was just curious what all I would have to convert to do it?

The engine should bolt up to the transmission, but the 4t45e has a lower torque rating than a 4t65e so pushing more power through it might cause problems. There may also be a few subtle issues with mounting the new engine into the car. It would be best to drop the subframe with a good engine, trans and electronics from the donor vehicle and swap it all into the car. You’ll have to do a lot of research on this one to get it working right.

• Do I have to change the engine mounts and bellhousing when switching to the 3.9l?