Q: Motor won't shut off

After I park my truck and turn the key off. My motor is still running until I press the brakes and then it shuts off.

A: After an extensive search, I could not find...

After an extensive search, I could not find any factory information pertaining to this complaint. If you have an aftermarket or factory alarm system with a remote start option, it could be the cause of the ignition system staying active until the brakes are pushed. If the system remote starts and the run relay is stuck, then it could be the cause.

If you do not have one of these remote start systems, then you may have an ignition switch that is keeping power to the engine control systems, which you would need to have checked by a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to verify and replace if necessary.