Q: Q: Car not shifting out of drive

My car all of a sudden won't shift out of drive. I think it might be a cable of some sort needs repair.

Hi there. You can be experiencing 1 of 2 things. Your vehicle’s brake switch which indicates that the brake is pressed allowing you to shift gears may be malfunctions. These typically deteriorate overtime causing the shifter to be "stuck." Secondly you maybe experiencing a jam in the transmission gearing. This will not allow you to change gears any longer. Have a certified mechanic inspect your transmission and make the repairs to have your vehicle functioning again.

3. Q: Car not shifting out of drive