Q: 2005 Toyota Corolla AC Compressor Not Cycling On & Off

My AC was blowing hot air and thru some advice, I decided to try a can of EZ Chill. Before I added it, the compressor was not engaging. After adding it, the compressor engaged and the AC started working.. blows nice cold air. However, I'm worried because the compressor does not cycle on and off and I can't remember if it ever did. Is this normal? The outside temp is currently ranging from 95-100F, I'm not sure about the inside but it's pretty cold. If this is not normal, what kind of damage can this cause if I keep using the AC?

Hi there. If the AC compressor is not cycling on and off as usual, it’s due to an internal component failure in most cases and would need to be replaced. If the compressor fails, it typically does not cause damage to other AC system components. It is possible that there is excessive debris inside the compressor or the bearings internal are worn out. The best thing for you to do is either have the AC compressor replaced, or make sure that the compressor is not blocked by any debris and is getting air from the outside of the vehicle.

3. 2005 Toyota Corolla AC Compressor Not Cycling On & Off