Q: Q: Electrical problems

Problem presented itself when i came to a stop sign. Radio died and lights dimmed, band dash lit up. Got a jump and it started right up. Replaced alternator(3times), battery, positive connector, fuse.I keep getting voltage regulator failed message. Is my problem wiring?

Hello. The voltage regulator is the component that adjusts and maintains the electrical system’s output, making sure that there is enough power generated to meet the system’s requirements. When it fails or has an issue it can cause symptoms similar to those you are experiencing. For your vehicle is integrated into the alternator. If you have already replaced the alternator three times then it is very possible that the issue may be elsewhere, possibly related to wiring. Unless all three alternators have come with defective voltage regulators then there is likely some sort of issue in between the regulator and computer. A continuity test of the wiring harness could determine if there is a break or short in the wire that may be causing your issue. As electrical issues such as these can sometimes be difficult to diagnose I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to [diagnose what may be causing your electrical issues[(https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/electrical-components-are-not-working-inspection).

3. Q: Electrical problems