Q: i have a code p0012 on my scion 05 the Camshaft Solenoid Adjuster is working

asked by on April 11, 2017

i have a code p0012 the Camshaft Solenoid Adjuster is working the oil is clean and i checked the screen. car run great don't know what else to check

Hi there. P0012 is the OBD-II generic code indicating the engine control module (ECM) has determined that the intake camshaft timing for bank 1 is more retarded than what the ECM has commanded it be. This over-retarded timing condition could be during the advancing or retarding phase of the camshaft timing. In most cases, this is triggered by the the variable camshaft timing (VCT) oil control valve (OCV) stuck in the open position. You might want to read this article as it will give you more information about possible causes and solutions.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr