Q: i have a hyundai 2010 elantra and my electric steering power light came on my wheel turns fine i was wondering if i need to change

the eps light just showed up in my car my steering wheel is not hard to turn does my steering fluid need to be changed? or is it something else? and can i still drive my car without checking out the eps

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

If the EPS light is always on, it means the vehicle’s computer is reporting a fault in the electronic power steering system. Using a scan tool, a mechanic can download the trouble codes from the computer that have caused the alert, and then follow up on the codes with an actual system diagnostic to pinpoint, and thence resolve, the fault. Faults in electronic power steering systems can vary a lot: you could have a wiring fault, excess current draw, a problem with the controller, and so forth. The downloadable codes will narrow the diagnostic though. The warning light does not involve power steering fluid or any need to change fluid though. To get this resolved, just request a warning light diagnostic - EPS system and the responding certified mechanic will come right to your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr