Q: Q: Motor mount replacement

Car would not start 12/18 called AAA for a jump. Mechanic says battery is good, but engine shakes and is causing battery cables to loosen causing loss of power. A motor mount replacement was recommended. Your thoughts please.

Hi there:

If you’re motor mounts are damaged or worn out, it can cause some extreme shaking; however, it’s very rare for the shaking to be bad enough to loosen battery cables. I’d suggest that if you’re going to have the motor mounts replaced, also replace the battery cables as well; as they might be worn out and need to be replaced anyways.

3. Q: Motor mount replacement