Q: Misfiring

Engine Misfire and shakes on idling. Not sure if it is problem with Injection Coil or Fuel Injectors or something else. I need someone to check and find out the problem first. Thanks

A: The misfire and shaking at idle could be on...

The misfire and shaking at idle could be one in the same problem or two unrelated problems. The misfire could be a bad crankshaft position sensor or camshaft position sensor. Both of these monitor the speeds of the crank and camshafts which relays this info to the car’s computer. With this information it regulates the ignition and fuel injector timing. When either of these are not working properly, this can cause misfires and rough idle. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the misfiring and repair.