Q: middle A/C not working

My air conditioning isn't working properly. The top and bottom A/C are working fine - the top blowing at the window and the bottom blowing at the feet. But the one in the middle that is blowing at the passenger side is not working. It will turn on randomly but only for that time. If I turn off the car it will stop working again. Do you have any idea what might be wrong?

A: There is a component called a mode door in ...

There is a component called a mode door in the A/C case that directs the air down to the floor, vents, or defrost position based on your setting of the controls. In your Oldsmobile the mode door is binding up or the motor that moves it and needs to be replaced. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to inspect your AC system to confirm this, and perform this repair for you if needed.