Is there another name for the front disc brake dust shiel...

Q: Is there another name for the front disc brake dust shield on a 1982 Camaro? Everytime I search for them it only brings up rear dr

asked by on February 09, 2017

Is there another name for the front disc brake dust shield on a 1982 Camaro? Everytime I search for them it only brings up rear drum brake dust shield. The part I need goes behind the brake rotor.

The part is variously referred to as "backing plates", "dust shields", "front rotor shields", and so forth. If you are looking for an inexpensive used set (left and right), I see a set presently listed on Ebay for $18. Search on "82-92 Firebird Camaro Front Brakes Rotor Dust Shield Cover Plates IROC Trans am". There is also a new old stock set listed on Ebay. Search under "NOS 82-92 Camaro Firebird Z28 Trans Am IROC front rotor shield backing plates". If you want additional sources of this part, search on Car-part.com under "spindle" or "steering knuckle". Using Car-part.com, you might have to buy an "assembly" to get the dust shield(s) but at least it is possible to procure the part. If you still have difficulty sourcing this, by all means let us know. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.