Q: Low whirring sounds at 25-50 mph

My car has 85,000 miles on it. It started making low whirring sounds lately. It happens in the speed range from 25 to 50 mph. The car is well maintained with mostly new parts. The tires are new on the vehicle. What could be causing the sound in this speed range?

Without being able to hear the noise, it will be hard to make an accurate estimation. If the noise is coming from a wheel area, this could be an indication of a wheel bearing on its way out.

If the noise is coming from the engine area and changes with engine RPM, this could be an indication of a belt tensioner or idler pulley going bad. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the expertise and equipment to diagnose and correct the noise for you.