Q: low tipping noise coming from the engine.

When the car idle I hear low tipping noise. I can't hear in inside my car when running. My car runs very smooth and quiet inside. My car was sitting in garage for 18 months. And before I left to go V,A. I had all the fluids change. Its this a normal sound for Hyundai. And do I run Synthetic motor oil in the engine. People tell me different things about noise and What kind of motor oil to use. I'am on a tight budget and I just what to take care of the car I have. Thank you if you email me back.

Hi there. The noise you are hearing sounds like a lifter that is tapping. A lifter will tap if it’s dirty, old, or if the spring inside it fails. I recommend putting 1 quart of ATF transmission fluid in the engine and running the engine for 15 minutes at 3,000 rpm’s. This will thin out the engine oil and allow the oil to clean the lifter up. Then drain the oil and fill up the engine with new engine oil and replace the oil filter. Then the noise should go away. If the noise still does not go away, then there could be an issue with the lifters or the oil galleries in the engine. If you need further assistance with your engine making a tapping noise, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. low tipping noise coming from the engine.