Q: Loud buzzing before the engine cranks

The car couldn't start. Before this happened, the cranking was weak. The battery works well and has lots of power. The car can be jump-started with no issues. I had the terminals cleaned as well as the cable ends that had some corrosion on them. I also tightened ends to terminals. Now, when I put the key in the ignition, before the engine starts cranking, I can't hear the clicking sounds anymore. Now, it's buzzing very loudly. What should I do?

This sounds like the starter solenoid - the part of the starter assembly which acts as a high-current power relay for the starter motor - has worn or burned contacts. This makes it tougher to get adequate power to the starter motor itself. A professional mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, can confirm this diagnosis, and replace the starter assembly if needed.

3. Loud buzzing before the engine cranks