Q: Lexus is recommending that the differential fluid be replaced on my 2009 Lexus I250 which has 68,000 miles on it.

Lexus is recommending that I replace the differential fluid and they are saying I need new front breaks. I just replaced all four brakes in 2015. I do city driving. Your expertise is greatly appreciated.

The differential fluid change is generally something that is pre-designated by the manufacturer according to the factory and is recommended to be changed at specific service intervals. The brakes needing to be replaced are generally based upon a measurement of the available material left on the brake pads and not a time interval (i.e. changed in 2015). Depending on the amount of mileage driven and how hard the vehicle is driven regularly, they may need to be changed. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Lexus is recommending that the differential fluid be replaced on my 2009 Lexus I250 which has 68,000 miles on it.