Q: lack of acceleration the car stop crank but want start

my car while driving all of a sudden lack acceleration then it stop it cranks but want start and new battery but it keeps getting drain have to jump it

If the engine is cranking, battery power is probably the the reason it’s not starting. To run, the engine needs spark, air, and fuel. Air is usually a given that it’s present unless the air intake hose is clogged or broken. No spark or fuel can be caused by a number of reasons. If both spark and air aren’t present, there can be a faulty crankshaft or camshaft sensor not sending the proper signal to the engine control unit (ecu). If spark alone is not present, a faulty ignition coil or module can be the cause. If fuel alone is not present, a faulty fuel pump relay, faulty fuel pump, or fuel pressure regulator can be the cause.

Since a number of components can be at fault, it may be best to have a certified technician look into why the vehicle will not start to find the exact cause.

3. lack of acceleration the car stop crank but want start