Q: Knock censor on a 98 honda passport

asked by on October 14, 2017

A code popped up for a knock censor 1 circuit. Trying to locate it so that I can replace it. Can someone help tell me where it's at?

Hi Madison. Thanks for contacting us today. If you could supply us with the OBD-II trouble code you’ve received, we can help you understand all of the possible sources. In most cases, a code that indicates a sensor issue is simply telling the mechanic where the fault was registered, and not always that the sensor is damaged. Also, if you could let us know any symptoms the car is experiencing, that would also be helpful. If you want to replace the knock sensor on your own, the best advice we can offer is to purchase a service and repair manual. This will not only provide you with the location but the correct procedures for completing this service.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr