I recently got into an accident and now the hood of my ca...

I recently got into an accident and now the hood of my car won’t shut all the way Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car? 2014 Kia Cadenza Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cadenza y...

I recently got into an accident and now the hood of my car won’t shut all the way Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car? 2014 Kia Cadenza Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cadenza yourself? What have you tried so far? Yes I’m fixing it myself and nothing. I believe the bar under the hood is bent, but my question is if I get a new hood would it be flush again?

Automotive Expert
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer.I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call. It depends if the frame of the vehicle is bent or any part where the hood attaches to, if all that is good yes a new hood will fit ok

Nothing is bent on the hood just the bar under the hoodThe bar where the front of the hood sits
Automotive Expert
so that would need to be straighten out before you get the hood

How do I straighten it out without breaking anything else. It is all metal?
Automotive Expert
yes all metal and just bend it back to its original position, usually find a tree and a ratchet strap and crank away until everything is lined up again

What if it's bent in a rainbow shape
Automotive Expert
you can still bend it back, sometimes they need to be replaced if its too bad you will have to make that call

Okay thank you so much
Automotive Expert
Your very welcome! And thanks for using justanswer we hope you have a wonderful day!