Q: Key turning freely in cylinder

One day i went to start my car and I was able to turn the key freely, and the power stayed on after I took the key out. I changed the ignition lock cylinder, but my car wouldn't start. So I thought my actuator rod was broken. I broke apart the steering colume and my actuator rod looks fine. i changed the ignition switch, checked all the fuses. I dont know what the problem can be. please help.

Hi there. The first thing I would check is the ground wire attached to the ignition lock cylinder. That is typically the primary cause of a no start issue after you replace the ignition cylinder. You might also want to double check fuses and electrical relays to see if they may have tripped or been damaged during or after your installation.

3. Key turning freely in cylinder