Q: Key not turning to start the car.

The vehicle was broken into and the thief tried to hot-wire it on the steering column. Now, the ignition key release button is jammed and the key will not turn to start the car.

A: Hi. It is likely that the thief did a irrev...

Hi. It is likely that the thief did a irreversible to the steering column and ignition switch. The only thing that could fix the potential damages is to replace the components all together. I recommend having a trained YourMechanic technician inspect the ignition system for things that may have been broken or damaged by your uninvited guest.