I have a 2012 Jeep [Compass](/topics-compass/) that has a...

I have a 2012 Jeep [Compass](/topics-compass/) that has a red lightning bolt light and check engine light that is intermittent. I replaced the throttle body and the accelerator pedal sensor. I did the recalibration with the pedal ...

I have a 2012 Jeep [Compass](/topics-compass/) that has a red lightning bolt light and check engine light that is intermittent. I replaced the throttle body and the accelerator pedal sensor. I did the recalibration with the pedal and all lights stayed off for about 30 min. Then they came back. I went back through made sure all.of the connections and the hoses were tight and good. Started it up and same thing. I had a friend with a shop scanner come and check and he saw circuit A and B looked good they were running the same however while it sat idle the red lightning bolt came up. I don't know what to do next. Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink? Right now stay in. However it has blinked too. Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Compass yourself? What have you tried so far? Myself and everything I mentioned above I've tried so far. Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? No that's it

Automotive Expert
Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Thank you
Automotive Expert
Thank you for your reply and that information as this does help me better understand the situation. I’m sorry to hear you are having this problem. I know this can be frustrating. Please give me one moment to type out some info for you. I’ll be right back! A live optional phone call will be automatically offered by JustAnswer, you can accept or if you decide to decline we can continue with text until you feel the live call would be better suited to you. I will try to help you on this here Please ignore call request,not needed here, Sorry website sending it not me What is the mileage on it? if the TB body and pedal been replaced and recalibrated, next will be checking the wiring from both back to PCM, vehicle computer,for a short or an , open,if it checks out that leaves PCM on these vehicles do you know the fault codes you are getting now? and do you have any throttle at all, is in limp mode, lack of power ect now?

When the car triggered the light the first code was P2173 then P0221, P2135. If that helpsNot in limp mode. It has gone in limp mode however not after I reset it.
Automotive Expert
ok thank you for info The DTC P0221 is the main fault code that is triggering the rest of the fault codes, what we call collateral fault codes caused by DTC P0221 Please Read below the most possible causes for this DTC 2012 Jeep Truck Compass 2WD L4-2.0L P0221 - Throttle Position Sensor 2 Circuit Performance DTC P0221 Symptom Descriptor Throttle Position Sensor 2 Circuit Performance Probable Causes 1-(K922) Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) Ground Circuit Open or High Resistance 2-5-Volt Supply Circuit Open or High Resistance 3-Powertrain Control Module (PCM) 4-Throttle Body 5-Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) Signal 2 Circuit Open or High Resistance

I heard then PCV value could cause a problem bit it looks good. I kinda looked over everything on the intake (not real sure what I'm looking at) but nothing looked old or broken .
Automotive Expert
you reset it then after you drive and it varies,on time and distance , it will go in limp mode again what is the mileage on it ?

120k is the mileage sorry
Automotive Expert
your next step is to to have the (K922) Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) Ground Circuit Test for an Open or High Resistance & the TPS 2-5-Volt Supply Circuit for an Open or High Resistance and the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) AT this mileage not to high, i would say a wiring issue here , usually PCM fails after 180 k miles, but you have to have it tested professionally unfortunately or it will be a guess and end up throwing parts at it this PCM can be rebuilt nowadays for around $299 worst case

If I have the throttle position sensor tested and the other tested and it's neither of those it would be the PCM?Can I go to any shop to get those tested?
Automotive Expert
yes a shop with a good tech working there should be able to pin out the PCM

Okay I didn't want it to be electrical. Is there something I did to cause the issue? Or do they just go out? As far as a rebuild is there anywhere you suggest?
Automotive Expert
No, if nothing was done to electrical, they just go out by themselves, after so many years,not uncommon there is a lot of websites but this one below I have used a lot and they do jeep PCM Click on the link below [https://store.allcomputerresources.com/](https://store.allcomputerresources.com/)

Thank you so much for your time and help. Greatly appreciated.