Q: Shifts hard to the next gear 1993 Honda

The car runs fine and shifting into the next the gear it shifts hard.

Hi - for a harsh-shifting transmission, first thing to check is the transmission fluid level. Low fluid level can cause harsh or poor shift quality. Similarly, dirty fluid and a clogged trans fluid filter can cause similar issues. Given your high mileage, poor shifting may simply be an indicator that the transmission clutches and bands are worn out. I would recommend a transmission inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Shifts hard to the next gear 1993 Honda