Q: It makes noise when I hit the brake my mechanic thinks it's the transmission

My car has 116000 miles It makes a loud noise when slowing down my mechanic said this model year has a problem in the transmission and only the dealers or someone with a special license is allowed to fix it. Is that the only thing causing this problem? How much is to fix it at the dealer? How much should it be at a licensed mechanics? How can I find a shop that's licensed to do that work? Thanks

If you cannot locate an authorized independent Mercedes repair facility other than a dealer then I’d recommend going to a dealer for this problem. I would suggest going to a trained Mercedes shop for transmission problems, otherwise you may not get a correct diagnosis and repair. These transmissions take a specialized scanner to check and test this vehicle. Not many shops would have the tools that are needed to pinpoint the issue.

However, If you’d like a second opinion on this, consider having one of our mobile technicians diagnose the noise firsthand. Best of luck.

3. It makes noise when I hit the brake my mechanic thinks it's the transmission