Q: Why does my rpm rev up but the car doesn't accelerate

asked by on October 16, 2016

why does my rpm rev up but the car doesn't accelerate

Clutch is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello there, many faults will cause your RPMs to increase but the car not to accelerate. This is called a slipping clutch and happens when power is applied when in gear. There are several causes for a slipping clutch; the most common are a faulty clutch, pressure plate, or shift linkage.

A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose why your clutch is slipping and make any repairs required to restore your car to working order.