Q: Is there away to test if the temperature sensor is working?

My chevy Astro died while driving down the street and has not been able to restart since. I have replaced the cap rotor wires and starter. When I try to start it it turns over but will not catch. How can I test the temperature sensor to see if it is working for a cold start

If your car died while driving and doesn’t re-start, it probably isn’t because of the temp sensor. In the rare occasions that a temp sensor could cause a car to shut off, it will be because the circuit is open so the fuel system floods thinking the temperature is below 0. You can check if the sensor is connected, and even place an ohm meter across the terminals to be sure that it isn’t registering over 2000 ohms, but my bet is that there is something else wrong. You would do best to have the car properly diagnosed as it looks like you are spending a lot of time and money and not getting any results. You can have that done at your convenience by contacting Your Mechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your non-starting Astro and let you know what it is going to take to solve your problem.

3. Is there away to test if the temperature sensor is working?