Q: Is my water pump the culprit?

Coolant seems to be escaping the system somehow. After every drive, the coolant reservoir is nearly empty and the radiator is no longer topped up... where is the coolant going or leaking from? The heat isn't working efficiently (heating, but lightly). After a recent fix, the mechanic mentioned that my water pump was going. Not sure what the indicator was, but maybe this is it, finally...?

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a leaking heater core. The [heater core]((https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/heater-is-not-working-inspection) is a small radiator like unit that circulates the hot coolant from the engine through the heater core which then uses this warm coolant to heat the inside of the car with the help of the blower motor that blows the warm air through the vents inside the car. There are a series of hoses that run to the heater core that can also leak. If this is the case, you may notice wet spots on the floor board of the passenger side of the vehicle. The water pump is commonly known to leak at the shaft seal which may also be a possibility if the water pump is beginning to fail, however this would be noticeable by leaking water on the ground under the vehicle. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your heating system.