Q: Is it possible for a leakfrom the slave/master cylinder to leak and then destroy the clutch from melting or burning on?

My brake fluid sensor came on the other night on my drive home from work, about 20 mi. The next morning, the car would not go into gear and the clutch petal "died". Now I'm being told that my master and slave cylinders need replaced along with the clutch as they "burnt" the clutch. Is that even possible or is the mechanic trying to get one over on me?

3. Is it possible for a leakfrom the slave/master cylinder to leak and then destroy the clutch from melting or burning on?