Q: Is a leaking bell housing a big deal?

Im looking to buy a used 2009 Ford Focus with 116k miles. I sent the car to a Ford dealership for an inspection, and the only issue was a leakage, most likely from the bell housing. its unknown how much its leaking, because the used car place cleaned it up during their own maintenance, although the Ford mechanic guessed it wasnt a big deal and just a result of age. is this a big deal? is this a red flag?

This is an indication that there is transmission fluid leaking from the vehicle. Considering that the cost of replacing this particular seal is rather expensive and may involve removal of the transmission I would consider this a red flag. I would prefer not to purchase a vehicle that has such a major repair needed right away.

3. Is a leaking bell housing a big deal?