2006 Kia spectra stops shifting seemingly randomly. conve...

Q: 2006 Kia spectra stops shifting seemingly randomly.

OBD2 - confirmed: P0755 - Shift Solenoid "B" P0765 - Shift Solenoid "D" P0743 - Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Electrical P0750 - Shift Solenoid "A" P0760 - Shift Solenoid "C" P0301 - Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected P2626 - O2 Sensor Pumping Current Trim Circuit/Open Bank 1 Sensor 1

OBD2 - pending: P2626 - O2 Sensor Pumping Current Trim Circuit/Open Bank 1 Sensor 1

The car will drive perfectly fine most of the time, however it seemingly randomly will make a popping sound like a backfire and when this happens the whole car is jolted and the car will stop shifting gears until it is turned off and then on again. Do the codes above provided any insight as to what the problem is?

Hi there. The transmission may have a failed harness or a failed computer (TCM). With having all of the shift solenoids and the torque converter clutch not functioning correctly, then there is a connection error. Remove the harness to the transmission and check the pins for a complete circuit and for resistance. Any open circuits or high resistance could mean that the solenoid is not working or the wiring harness inside the transmission may have an open or short. For the misfire on the engine, check the spark plug and the fuel injector to see if they are functioning or not working. A failed spark plug will make the fuel system to be rich and a failed fuel injector will make the fuel system to be lean. If you need further assistance with your check engine light codes, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.