Q: Intermittent no start and electrical problems?

/i went to start the yesterday evening and the car would not start there was no dash board lights however the radio worked and the headlights came on even thou they were turnt off and there not automatic i checked all the fuses and they were fine. i rechecked it this morning and nothing still but about a hour ago i went out to show my friend what the car was doing and it started there car is a vauxhall astra 2005

A: Hello. From what you describe, it would app...

Hello. From what you describe, it would appear that your vehicle is experiencing some sort of electrical issue. If the issue comes and goes intermittently, then the first thing I would look at is the vehicle's ignition switch. It may be possible that the switch has shorted or failed and is causing your issues. It may also be possible that there is some sort of electrical fault elsewhere, perhaps in the form of damaged or frayed wiring. I would start by checking the ignition switch, and then move on to the electrical system. If you need to have this looked at, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose the starting issue and electrical problems in order to have this addressed.