Q: Intermittent issue where after a stop car is stuck in first, speedometer at zero. Had output speed sensor changed, no change.

I have been having an intermittent issue where after a stop the car will get stuck in first and the speedometer will be at zero. I brought it in and they said t was likely a speed sensor, so I had the output speed sensor replaced. It made no difference and actually I had the issue occur four times on my drive home after having the speed sensor replaced. What else could it be/ what could have caused it to "act up"? When they replaced it they said they checked wiring visually and everything looked good (but didn't fully open up the transmission). Any help would be much appreciated.

Hello there, a few possible faults could cause the vehicle to become stuck in first. The most common would be low fluid level, shift solenoid, transmission range sensor, or a transmission mechanical fault. I’d suggest getting this looked at by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who will be able to diagnose your shifting issue and perform any repairs required.

3. Intermittent issue where after a stop car is stuck in first, speedometer at zero. Had output speed sensor changed, no change.