Q: What does my car start shaking when idling 1997 Ford Taurus

So my problem is my car is starting to shake and stall when idling. I noticed this a few months ago but it started right back up so I ignored it. However recently it's been happening more and more, Ill usually be at a stoplight when it just starts shaking and then the car powers off. I can usually get it to go right away but sometimes I have trouble starting the car in park so I'll have to try in neutral.

Hello. This can be caused by a number of things. Most of the time the issue is caused from a vacuum leak in the engine or a failure in the idle control valve. This is only true if the issue only happens at or near idle. I usually check these first and then check to make sure that the spark plugs are fine. If this occurs at higher speeds also then I will usually also test the fuel pressure to make sure that the fuel pump is not failing. If you want to have this running problem repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the engine is stalling] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-stalling-inspection

3. What does my car start shaking when idling 1997 Ford Taurus