Q: My check engine light came in, 2 days later all the lights came on and car died. Changed battery and wouldn't even attempt to star

asked by on September 29, 2017

I gave a lady a jump and immediately after my check engine light came on. 2 days later on my way to work all the panel lights came on, headlights went out and when I pulled over car wouldn't restart. Chaned the battery and still wouldn't even attempt to start.

If you are lucky, there may just be some damage to the alternator and/or some fusible links may have been blown. I know it’s not much help now, but I strongly advise people NOT to jump start their cars of allow anyone to jump start from theirs. The computer systems on modern cars are very easily damaged by the voltage surges that are common during a jump start. In the event of even a momentary reversal of the cables, which is easier to do than most people imagine, a large amount of damage can be done in the blink of an eye. If you can find the power distribution box and check the fusible links, you may be able to get started, but I would really recommend you have it checked out by a pro. You can have that done at your convenience by contacting Your Mechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your Challenger and let you know what it will take to get it going again.