Q: Intake manifold swirl flap leaking air and control bar as come off 2007 Saab 9-3

asked by on December 12, 2016

Hi my saab 93 2007 the 1st swirl flap on the intake manifold is leting air out and the 4th is leak fluid the control bar connecting the four swirl flaps as come off. There's also a lot of soot in exhaust and a small bit in engine bay. Thanks in advance

Intake Manifold Runner Control Replacement $110.06 - $813.17 Get a Quote

Hello - this "intake swirl runner" problem may require removal, and repair or possibly replacement, of the intake manifold. The "swirl flaps" are internal to the intake manifold, and work to keep air velocity high during low speed operation for better performance and fuel economy. Since your engine is turbo-charged, the intake manifold often has positive pressure on it, which results in the outward flow of air and soot you have noticed. It may be possible to repair this problem by replacing the intake manifold runner control. This can be done by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.