Q: Ignition is off but engine light is not getting off what happened? 2006 Toyota Corolla

Actually i went to some place but didnt chckd the water tank of radiater now i switched off the ignition but engine light is on give me a imidiate respense please

Hello - your symptoms suggest the engine has overheated, and the Check Engine warning light that persists after you turn off the ignition is warning you of problems or damage that resulted. Wait until the engine has cooled, then add coolant until full, start the engine (with the heater turn to Max and the radiator cap off), adding coolant as necessary to bring the coolant back to the proper level. When air bubble have stopped coming out of the cap or reservoir, put the cap back on, and watch engine temperature for overheating. If the car continues to overheat, I recommend an overheating inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Ignition is off but engine light is not getting off what happened? 2006 Toyota Corolla