Q: Q: 2006 Volvo s60 2.5T and when accelerating it vibrates violently

I have a 2006 Volvo s60 2.5T and when accelerating it vibrates/shakes violently. I have noticed that when coasting I can also feel the shake, but in a more mild nature. I just recently got the the tires balanced and rotated at Les Schwab. They also did a visual inspection of the alignment and they said it was fine. The vibration starts at slower speeds and progressively increases as speed does. The vibration is more like the car starts to violently shake that faster you go. I also noticed that when I am turning/cornering to the right, the shaking/vibrating subsides until the car returns to a forward alignment. The shake/vibration is felt through the whole car not just the steering wheel. It isn't misfiring, I just had the ignition coils and spark plugs changed because it was misfiring and that shake is different.

Hi Christian. Thanks for the additional information. Based on what you’ve indicated, I would suspect that you have worn out wheel bearings causing the vibration, especially if you are experiencing the vibration reduces and when you make a turn. However, I wouldn’t rule out loose or damaged motor mounts or steering stabilizer bar bushings as a source either. Due to the fact that so many possible issues could be causing this vibration, in order to correctly diagnose this problem, an onsite inspection is required.

3. Q: 2006 Volvo s60 2.5T and when accelerating it vibrates violently